Petit Computer Online Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is not my C

3 posters

Go down

This is not my C Empty This is not my C

Post  Gamer_Mason Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 pm

main(){
cout << "I'm lost.";
return(0);
}

Just kidding. I downloaded Petit Computer a couple days ago because I discovered that all the programs I wrote in BASIC on my ti-89 had been vaporized. My text fight against Elton John has disappeared. He will no longer unleash the power of rock for massive damage. There was a timing component to it too, so I'm sad that it's gone.

I downloaded Petit Computer because I wanted to be able to program on the go. When I'm on the bus to places, or on long car trips. I don't really know the language too well though. I used the PAUSE feature on the TI-89 to stop things from happening, but it looks like that doesn't exist here. I tried learning C++, but I have trouble getting myself to open up the program on my computer, so having a dedicated BASIC language on hand near me helps to keep me focused.

Even if I don't yet have a good grasp on the language, it's still a really nifty sharing tool, so it's already payed for itself as far as I think.

Hi.
Gamer_Mason
Gamer_Mason

Back to top Go down

This is not my C Empty Easy

Post  boxtropica Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 am

BASIC in Petit Computer is very very VERY easy to use. Though BASIC isn't my favorite language- *C++, LUA* - It is nice to fiddle around with ;D
P.S. The function for PAUSE in Petit BASIC is WAIT *Number here*
boxtropica
boxtropica
Admin

https://conlogxl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This is not my C Empty Re: This is not my C

Post  GrabSomeEyes Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Gamer_Mason wrote: I tried learning C++, but I have trouble getting myself to open up the program on my computer,
You too?
Darn you C++ and your confusing program system!
Anyway, welcome to the forums!
Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure the WAIT time is in frames, and Petit Computer runs at around 60 fps typically if I remember correctly, so 60 should be 1 second without slowdown. Hope this helps.
GrabSomeEyes
GrabSomeEyes

Back to top Go down

This is not my C Empty Well

Post  Gamer_Mason Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:46 pm

@boxtropica
Oh? Well, that doesn't actually work the same as what I was looking for. WAIT and VSYNCH just halt the program for a time. Pause would hold the program until enter was pressed. Maybe INPUT would be synonymous if I used a dummy variable?

@GrabSomeEyes
No, I just mean I would never open the program for it. Like, ever. :3

Through the last day I've at least gotten through enough BASIC to understand Sporky's Simple Adventure totally. His room loading method sure beats using Arrays, as far as a text adventure goes. It was great for learning how DATA works too.
Gamer_Mason
Gamer_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  GrabSomeEyes Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Gamer_Mason wrote:No, I just mean I would never open the program for it. Like, ever. :3
... I see...
Well. I actually figured it out, I think I've got an easier form of Visual Basic than I had before, plus a friend happened to explain to me where I could find my programs, so that made it easier.
GrabSomeEyes
GrabSomeEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  boxtropica Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

Gamer_Mason wrote:@boxtropica
Oh? Well, that doesn't actually work the same as what I was looking for. WAIT and VSYNCH just halt the program for a time. Pause would hold the program until enter was pressed. Maybe INPUT would be synonymous if I used a dummy variable?

@GrabSomeEyes

Through the last day I've at least gotten through enough BASIC to understand Sporky's Simple Adventure totally. His room loading method sure beats using Arrays, as far as a text adventure goes. It was great for learning how DATA works too.

Oh- you want an Input loop.
It would go like

@loop
b = button()
if (b and 16) goto @continue
goto @loop

@continue
Lalalala

Hope that's what you wanted!
boxtropica
boxtropica
Admin

https://conlogxl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrabSomeEyes Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:25 pm

boxtropica wrote:

@GrabSomeEyes

It would go like

@loop
b = button()
goto @loop

@continue
Lalalala

Not saying
B=Button()
If (B and blah blah blah)
Is wrong, but isn't If Button==16, etc. more efficient (one less line of coding overall, but still).
I used your method in Eos, so really I shouldn't be talking, I just felt like suggesting.
GrabSomeEyes
GrabSomeEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamer_Mason Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:56 pm

GrabSomeEyes wrote:
boxtropica wrote:

@GrabSomeEyes

It would go like

@loop
b = button()
goto @loop

@continue
Lalalala

Not saying
B=Button()
If (B and blah blah blah)
Is wrong, but isn't If Button==16, etc. more efficient (one less line of coding overall, but still).
I used your method in Eos, so really I shouldn't be talking, I just felt like suggesting.

I'm not entirely sure why you use Variable B as opposed to Button(), but it's probably something like defining B first and having later parts of the program read off it being faster than reading Button() each time... ?

There's SOME reason for it out there, I've seen it more than once, and in the preset programs, so that's just what I've been doing most of the time :\
Gamer_Mason
Gamer_Mason

Back to top Go down

Post  GrabSomeEyes Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Well I hope so.
It makes up everything that runs Eos OS, so I really want it to be... the very best coding... like no coding ever was.
GrabSomeEyes
GrabSomeEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum